Jobs with Telnexus
Telnexus is a telecom service provider who offers VoIP, IT and Internet services to Bay Area businesses and organizations. We have a variety of engineering, professional and non-profit clients in a wide range of settings. We offer good wages, and the opportunity to work in an open, and challenging tech environment.
Telnexus is growing, and we are always on the lookout for some fresh IT talent to join our Berkeley team of creative technicians, engineers, and business people.
We are looking for full-time technicians to help us support desktop computer users and install new VoIP systems. Our ideal candidates are experienced and personable IT people, with the ability to handle any tech issue—who love providing great customer support and working with the latest tech. If you’re a creative problem solver who can provide precise solutions to a client’s problem, give us a call to learn about current openings.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- IT Certification, 4-Year Degree or equivalent industry experience. A basic theoretical grasp of computers and data networking is a must.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve operating system problems with Mac OS X, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Office users. Basic competency with Word, Excel and Powerpoint is a must. Ability to instruct users on basic application usage.
- Network management experience, including network diagnostics, troubleshooting, basic router configuration and network closet configuration and management.
- Support use of business email on smartphones (Android, iOS)
- Experience in computer hardware maintenance including hard drive replacement, power supply replacement, disk imaging, and printer maintenance.
We’re a local company, because of that it’s important to us that our team live in close proximity to the Berkeley-Oakland area. And, while we don’t require that you have your own transportation, it is a plus.
Our offices are located at 2809 Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley’s Elmwood district, near the center of the UC Berkeley campus, and a 10 minute walk from the Ashby BART station.